• Fashion Designer, A. Kutateladze Tbilisi State Academy of Arts, Master’s degree.
• Artistic Modeling of Clothes, the Faculty of Humanities of Ivane Javakhisvhili Tbilisi
State University, Bachelor’s degree.
• Exposition “Idea in Fashion Illustration”–was exhibited in city Batumi “Contemporary
• The Students’ Project “ART/Alliance – 22″ of the Fashion Design of the Faculty of
Design (Experimental research/study, staging/show). Joint presentation of diploma
projects and stage artists (Petra Fortress/6th century).
• Workshop of Pilar Rovira, professor of the National School of Palma Art of Spain–
“Inclusive Fashion Design” (Erasmus program).
• Participated in the international project “Laboratory/Re–form”, that won the
competition of “Creative Georgia”. Julien Roberts and Elena Releyeva were invited.
• International workshop – ”Colors in fashion based on the senses” zero waste fashion–
substruction cutting within the framework of the Costiume Colloquium IV of the
Florence International Symposium.
• Degree & Profession “life beyond tourism– countries, history, cultural tourism” of
Tbilisi International Regional Festival.
• Group project–Workshop–Texture in Fashion–Project Presentation–Theory–Practice
Presentation–Installation – Tbilisi State Academy of Arts.
• Vocational Skills – Basic Course of Construction of Clothes – Certified, the Techniques
of Textile Dyeing and Processing– Batik, Print Suminagashi, Ebru shibori, Felt.
• Computer Programs, CLO/3d fashion design software, Photoshop.
Tbilisi State Academy of Arts
MA Fashion Designer
Autor: Nia Nikvasvili
Head of The Project:
Eka Chkhutishvili – Fashion Design
Mariam Beridze – Textile Design
“LANGUAGE of SILENCE“
Under the conditions of today’s globalization, it is difficult to maintain a cultural identity that sets you apart from other cultures and makes you valuable …
It is important to have a close connection with the traditions of the past, with the peculiarities of culture”. Culture is in bad condition because of the severance of the relationship with the past, the uprooting of the roots, being rootless” – the words of German psychoanalyst Carl Gustav Jung, whose work played a certain role in shaping my concept. Jung believes that human behavior is determined by the collective unconscious mind, which contains the legacy of human mental evolution, this legacy is precisely the archetypal icons …
Inherited past includes people, racial history, icons of behavior generated over generations ….
The process of individualization is Important, the synchronization of the conscious and the unconscious that creates harmony in Human, in relation to the outside world. If this is violated the soul becomes impoverished, this theory is equated with Alexitim, a man who has no ability to describe and convey his emotion verbally, can not express sympathy, such a person is often called a human robot who has no story, no history. He loses “himself”, creates a personal that will be accepted only for the society in which he has to live.
The inspiration of the collection “Language of Silence” – cultural archetypes, people living in the mountainous region of Georgia, their clothing, beliefs, symbols. Their clothes have a special character, the relationship between the headscarf and the clothes creates a peculiar character, the tailoring of the men’s clothes, the apron. The collection expresses the process of transformation of form …
With the original elements, the tree is used as an archetype, – as a symbol of life, the cut layers of wood, which is the leitmotif of the whole collection.
Material – wool, coarse wool and silk fabrics painted in “Suminagashi” technique. The collection consists of different assortments … Different lines of the collection are developed according to the segment and purpose.
The conceptual approaches used are reflected in the digital version