Call for Applications: 5th Tbilisi Biennale of Stage Design
The Valerian Gunia Union of Young Theatre Artists – OISTAT National Center of Georgia is thrilled to announce an open call for curatorial proposals to participate in the Tbilisi International Biennale of Stage Design 2024. Scheduled to unfold from 25 September to 5 October, 2024, this international exhibition promises to be an enriching platform for the global stage design community.
About Tbilisi Biennale of Stage Design:
Since its inception in 2016, the Tbilisi International Biennale of Stage Design has been a beacon for young stage designers worldwide. Facilitated by the Valerian Gunia Union of Young Theatre Artists, this biennale fosters professional development while fostering cross-cultural dialogue. Through exhibitions, forums, symposiums, and educational programs like MasterLab, participants engage in robust discussions, share creative insights, and collaborate on future projects.
- International exhibition of national expositions
- Open forum/symposium
- Educational program MasterLab (lectures, masterclasses) – TBC
General Information for Participation:
The 5th Tbilisi International Biennale of Stage Design will run from 25 September to 5 October, 2024. Each participating country will oversee the management of its pavilion, led by a national curator who selects participating artists.
Qualifying Criteria for Participants:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in theater, cinema, television, or multimedia scenography, including computer games
- Selection by national curators of respective countries
National curators shall manage the organization of expositions of their countries.
Qualifying Criteria for Works:
- Projects realized or premiered between 2020-2024
- Acceptable forms of submission: sketches, photos, shows, videos, animations, installations, multimedia scenography, costumes, dummies, puppets, etc.
- Foreign participants are advised to present original sketches at the Biennale. In case obtaining special permits for the export of works proves complicated, high-quality prints will also be accepted.
- Representatives of guest countries selected by national curators
Technical Conditions and Information:
- Exhibition space provided by the Georgian party
- Each country allocated 25 square meters of space in the main hall of the Museum (space with one wall only)
- Installation duration: two full working days with 1 day for dismantling
- Participants responsible for travel and exposition expenses
- All specific technical and/or other requests and details must be agreed upon with the Georgian team of organizers and the representatives of the exhibition space prior to the commencement of the Biennale.
Application Package Requirements:
- Application form
- Portrait photo
- Copies of works (at least 8 high-resolution copies with cataloging data (name, author, director, location and date of the premiere, size and material of the works))
- Digital versions of works to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Deadline for Submissions: March 31, 2024.
Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase your talent on the global stage at the 5th Tbilisi Biennale of Stage Design. Join us in shaping the future of stage design and fostering international artistic exchange!
For further inquiries, please visit Tbilisi Biennale Website https://www.ytaunion.com/yta/ and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064960502818