On October 26, in the framework of the Tbilisi Biennale of Stage Design, with the support and organization of OISTAT, the Online International Scenography Symposium will start.
Symposium will focus on the following topics:
– The most prominent contemporary trends in scenography of different countries
– How are the current scenography trends reflected at the Prague Quadrennial?
– How is COVID-19 influencing and affecting theater and scenography? How does digitization change the creative process?
– Scenography practitioners and educators on their pedagogic experience.
– What is the impact of online education in scenography and performing arts? What are the ways the digital educational methodologies may develop into?
– Current areas of scenography research
– Development of contemporary research methodologies on, and involving, scenography
There will be 16 speakers from Bulgaria, Brazil, Georgia, Canada, Catalonia/Spain, China, Portugal, Israel, Ukraine, USA, Great Britain participating in the symposium.
Format of the symposium:
Symposium will take place on October 26-28, 2020
Due to the recent global development and restrictions imposed by new regulations regarding COVID-19 it will be exclusively conducted in an online format. It will unite three days of sessions, where each day will be dedicated to a specific topic listed in the above section.
The presentations of the speakers (up to six-seven persons a day, max. 2 hours) will be followed by discussions and Q&A sessions (up to one hour) related to the topics of the day. Presentation of each speaker will last 15-20 minutes. All papers will be published on the website of the Biennale.