Valerian Gunia Union of Young Theatre Artists – OISTAT National Center of Georgia announces an open call for applications to participate in the Tbilisi International Biennale of Stage Design 2022.
4th International Biennale of Stage Design in Tbilisi 2022
Symposium theme: About temporality – pandemic, war, theater
The symposium aims to discuss the broad question of temporality in relation to the theater in general, as well as in the context of specific crises of recent years (the Covid-19 pandemic, and the war in Ukraine).
The symposium, like the 4th edition of the Biennale, focuses on Ukraine.
The first session of the symposium is entirely devoted to the presentations of the Ukrainian participants.
Topics of the second session of the symposium:
- Impact of the phenomenon of temporality – the alienation of political decision-makers from the authenticity of the urban fabric
– Renovation/reconstruction of historical theaters – necessity and problems.
– The quality and urban incompatibility of new theater buildings.
- Found Space – adapting existing non-theatrical buildings to the needs of the performing arts: the influence of old and new architectural quality.
- Creative experience – scenic space and atmosphere – architectural structure as a tool.
- Theater during the pandemic – the audience behind the theater architecture – what have we learned?
Topics of the third session of the symposium:
- Published or in preparation publications about theater, architecture and scenography – presentation of “Introduction” in English; Non-English language publications on theatre, architecture, and scenography.
The working language – English
Location: National Library of the Parliament of Georgia, Tbilisi, Lado Gudiashvili St. #7
Conditions for participation in the international symposium:
The symposium has a hybrid format.
All artists, working in the field of visual and performing arts artists, architects, researchers, art managers, urban planners can participate.
Participation is free.
1. Presentation title and brief description (max. 500 words)
2. Applicant’s portfolio (optional) and CV
Project participants retain all rights to their work. The Biennale reserves the right to use the printed and digital versions of the materials presented by the participants.
The video recordings and the printed version of the presentations will be posted on the website of the Tbilisi International Biennale of Stage Design.
The applications should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting applications is October 3, 2022.