– National first-class stage designer
– Master’s degree (academic) from Central Academy of Drama, majored in Stage Design of the department of stage art
– Bachelor’s degree from Shanghai Academy of Drama, majored in Stage Design.
– Former member of the front-line ensemble of political department of Nanjing Military Region
Representative Stage Design Works
Drama –Soldier heart ;Pigeon; The Whole Night in Sanwan; The Internationale
Dance Drama – Calvary (joint autorship); Chang’e Legend of the Moon (joint autorship); Solar Terms of River South
Kunqu Opera – Gu Yanwu; Celadon Movement (original Celadon Ou Music)
Musical – Life of Kouji (vocal mimicry performance art); Phoenix over the Cloud
Dance Performance – Xiao Cheng Yu Xiang (Alley in Rain of the Town) ; Parents ; ‘One Belt, One Road’ International Cooperation Forum Performance Event held in the National Centre for the Performing Arts, etc
– Lotus Award
– Wenhua Award for Stage Design
-3rd place in Emerging Performance Design for Listen to Celadon in the Fifth World Stage Design Exhibition 2022 (WSD2022)
– 2020 CISD China Pioneer Drama Young Designer Nomination Exhibition
– 2019 Beijing Stage Design Invitation Exhibition, invited to display the work
– General Designer of the float of Jiangsu for the parade of Pekin, honored as Advanced Individual for the float work of Jiangsu in the 70th Anniversary of the Founding of PRC Mass Parade
– Exhibitor in the 20th Anniversary Exhibition of Lotus Award（dance award of China) held in the National Centre for the Performing Arts
– Awarded the third-class merit three times during the military period, etc.
Theater during the pandemic – the audience behind the theater architecture – what have we learned?
The global COVID-19 pandemic impacted greatly on every Chinese theater worker as well as dynamic changes of Chinese domestic theater performance industry. I would like to talk about what I have seen and felt about China’s domestic theater industry, theaters, troupes, and audiences in the past three years.
The sudden outbreak of COVID-19 has disrupted our lives since 2019. Every Chinese theater worker engaged in originality work is facing great difficulties.
I took part in the (WSD2022) Fifth World Stage Design Digital Virtual Exhibition in Canada and benefited from the measures related to WSD organizing committee.
I would like to share with you the current situation of China’s theater performance industry and the limited time of stage production time of individuals during the epidemic.